Eddie Corbin

This is a public forum for the discussion of all things Eagle. Whether it be an upcoming Eagles International event or the history of Silver Eagle. Trolling or spamming will not be tolerated.

Eddie Corbin

Postby luvrbus » Tue Oct 22, 2013 6:58 am

{{Moderator note: this thread has been moved to the General Eagle Chat forum so that anyone visiting this site can see it -- General Eagle Chat is a public forum.}}}

Eddie and Jan Corbin of Albuquerque son Bob fell and broke his neck he had surgery with very little improvement

Bob needs to be transported to Denver for medical attention it is going to be a long and expensive process for Eddie and Jan

I for one think we as a club should try and help prayers,offering of our service if nothing else help with the fuel cost or what ever we can do to help Eddie and Jan in these hard times these are 2 fine people

I have a hard time putting in words what I am trying to say so I hope you understand they need our help sorry for not posting when it happen but I had a few problems myself about the same time frame

Clifford
luvrbus
Club Member
Club Member

Re: Eddie Corbin

Postby rv_safetyman » Tue Oct 22, 2013 9:28 pm

Clifford thanks for letting us know about the terrible situation.

Bob has sure had his share of problems over the years.

I wish there was something we could do. We will be out of town for most of November and quite a bit of December (unfortunately not in the bus). If they are still there when my travel schedule settles down, maybe we can try to find a way to help.

Jim
Jim Shepherd
Evergreen, CO
'85 Eagle 10 Series 60 & Eaton AutoShift 10 speed transmission
Bus Project pages: http://beltguy.com/Bus_Project/busproject.htm
Blog: http://rvsafetyman.blogspot.com/
rv_safetyman
Club Member
Club Member

Postby luvrbus » Wed Oct 23, 2013 8:16 am

Thanks,Jim he is going transported to Denver on Monday I was told to Clark I think is the name a well known center in Denver they were very lucky Bob meets their criteria.

They are just trying to figure out how to transport Bob the air transportation is way to expensive for Eddie and Jan over 10 grand

I checked with the FMCA I thought they had program and they do but now you need to enroll and pay for it now what a waste of 40 bucks a year we pay that outfit

I just think the club should help a little with a few bucks we give to off the wall charities why not let charity begin at home JMO thanks for your reply 1 out of 157 not bad

Clifford
luvrbus
Club Member
Club Member

Postby Gary LaBombard » Wed Oct 23, 2013 4:18 pm

Clifford,
Does Eddie and Jan have a Paypal account? I would like to contribute what little bit I can but every little helps and if everyone would consider sending even a little per pay pal to help out a busnut in this situation sure would make them sleep good knowing the good they did for someone else.
Let us know if you can asap and we can get this going and it will be in their bank pay pal account to do with what they need and want.
Times are bad for all but a few bucks sure could help these people, it could be one of us one day.

I'll be watching for your update Clifford. Thanks for posting. If they have Paypal, be sure to post the information we will need to send it directly to them from our accounts.
Gary
Owner of the "Rustless Money Pit" 1973 Model 05 Eagle.
http://busconverter101.com for instructional video
Eaglesinternational bb'd best site for Eagle owners to receive information.
Gary LaBombard
Club Member
Club Member

Postby luvrbus » Wed Oct 23, 2013 5:03 pm

Thanks Gary this is what a club should be all about IMO I will check for you and others

These 2 have devoted their life to Bob the average person would have put Bob in a home and paid a visit ever so often now they are in their mid 60's and still doing the best they can for Bob

thanks again

Clifford
luvrbus
Club Member
Club Member

Postby Gary LaBombard » Wed Oct 23, 2013 8:11 pm

get back to us as soon as you can Cliff, I am sure many will reach out as I said it could easily happen to them, I know I would welcome any help if were me and I am a sensitive son of a gun and surely tear up with hands reaching out to help me.

If they do not have a paypal perhaps a close realitive they trust does and would pass on all the help we could muster for them as soon as we can. just let us know what to do.
Gary
Owner of the "Rustless Money Pit" 1973 Model 05 Eagle.
http://busconverter101.com for instructional video
Eaglesinternational bb'd best site for Eagle owners to receive information.
Gary LaBombard
Club Member
Club Member

Postby rv_safetyman » Wed Oct 23, 2013 9:43 pm

Great idea Gary!

It would be easy for them (maybe with the help of a friend, if necessary) to set up a Pay Pal account. I, and I suspect others, would be glad to pay what we can into that account.

I am in a bind for the next couple of days (finishing certification to teach some new classes at Boeing), but I would be glad to help them next week if they need it.

Jim
Jim Shepherd
Evergreen, CO
'85 Eagle 10 Series 60 & Eaton AutoShift 10 speed transmission
Bus Project pages: http://beltguy.com/Bus_Project/busproject.htm
Blog: http://rvsafetyman.blogspot.com/
rv_safetyman
Club Member
Club Member

Postby Bustyme » Wed Oct 23, 2013 11:49 pm

We met Eddie, Jan & Bob the last Quartzsite rally and it was one of the highlights of the weekend for Kelley & I. Those three are excellent examples of what life is all about. I can still picture Bob showing us his room in their (his..lol) bus and Eddie showing me all the cool stuff he had done with the engine & chassis. I have committed myself to make it to Albuquerque someday with the M10 to visit them. Everett & Barb Wolfe (PO's) visited them with the bus and told me of the nice stay they had with the Corbin's.

We're in for $100 if you can tell me where to send it. Bob needs to be in his bus. I know it will make him feel at home and make him more comfortable. It will also relieve Eddie & Jan.

Thanks Gary for getting this out of neutral. We'll say our prayers and hope Bob recovers to his old self.

Cheers,

Randy & Kelley Coons
Bustyme
Club Member
Club Member

Postby luvrbus » Thu Oct 24, 2013 6:40 am

Update Jim Smith is going help Eddie setup a PayPal account today and we should have a place to donate thanks guys this is a good cause for 3 fine people Bob has a long road ahead of him but he is tough

What we can do to help Eddie and Jan will relieve some pressure it is going to tough for the 2 traveling between Albuquerque and Denver

I understand the center has a small apartment Jim and Jan can live in while Bob is at the center

You guys will make a difference whether you believe it or not so let us all help "BOB'S BUS" so Bob can give the grand tour of his bus

thanks
Clifford
luvrbus
Club Member
Club Member

Postby Eagle Andy » Thu Oct 24, 2013 6:49 am

Clifford, Eileen and I are in for $ 100.00 bucks as well let us know.
Andy Wright 68 Silver Eagle Model 5 8V92 #7481
Eagle Andy
Club Member
Club Member

Next

Return to General Eagle Chat